Are you looking to help clients gain intelligence for action and make an immediate impact at a fast-growing multi-national polling and market research firm? We are looking for a values-driven, motivated individual who is eager to learn and be a key contributor in servicing our clients.
As the Research Analyst, Accounts, you will be a key part of the accounts team which is responsible for servicing all of our projects for clients. On a day-to-day basis, this means developing survey instruments, handling client communications, writing analysis, creating presentations, and presenting the findings to our clients. The role requires a combination of analytical skills, communication skills, and strategic thinking.
Cygnal is a culture-oriented, team-built, fail-fast-and-learn, servant-leader, innovative organization. We are passionate about helping our clients get more accurate survey research that is also affordable. Other polling firms & survey research firms are doing the same thing they’ve always done, while Cygnal is creating new methodologies, new technologies, and new ways to improve decision making.
- Managing client projects via clear communication of goals and mid-stream changes
- Writing effective survey instruments that answer client questions and provide insights
- Crafting analysis memos with insights and strategic recommendations
- Ensuring quality control of all internal and external products
- Developing presentation decks when applicable including effective visualizations
- Interpreting survey results for clients
- Presenting results to clients via phone calls and video conferencing
- Support of rest of accounts team and other internal teams in a collaborative environment
- Interest in politics, polling, or corporate market research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to concisely explain complex ideas and confidently make strategic recommendations
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with Gsuite, Microsoft office, slack, and other internal communication and ERP software
- Ability to learn and adapt rapidly, taking feedback in stride.
- Mental toughness to balance competing project demands.
- Thorough attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility to work weekends and/or unconventional hours as needed.
- Ability to work with numbers and interpret data.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- 1-4 years experience in politics, polling, or market research
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Mathematics, Communications, Market Research, or Business (flexible)
- Balance of accuracy and efficiency
- Performance-driven and knowledge-hungry with a teachable mindset and willingness to accept and apply feedback
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Competent in GSuite products, and efficient in email, Slack, and Microsoft Office
- Resides in or is willing to relocate to Washington, DC
- Prior experience using presentation software (Powerpoint, Google Slides) to creatively communicate insights from data
- Competitive base salary
- Participation in the company share bonus multiplier on company revenue
- Company contribution toward health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Company-paid cell phone and laptop
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance and term life insurance
- 401k plan with company match
To apply, complete this profile and provide your resume: https://www.cultureindex.com/c/vT7BO6Iud1.