Are you looking for part-time employment to provide an income stream, while allowing you to enjoy quality time with your family? Did you just start a family or are you looking to scale back your hours to achieve a better work/life balance? We are hiring a self-confident, experienced finance or accounting professional to take ownership of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Expense Management at our fast-growing company.
As the Cash Cycle Manager, you will work alongside the Controller of the company, handling routine tasks daily along with tackling occasional projects. The projects will come with initial guidance, then you will be expected to use your intuition and experience to complete.
Cygnal is a culture-oriented, team-built, fail-fast-and-learn, servant-leader, innovative organization. We are passionate about helping our clients get more accurate research that is also affordable. Other polling firms & survey research firms are doing the same thing they’ve always done, while Cygnal is creating new methodologies, new technologies, and new ways to improve decision making. This has also created numerous opportunities for us in the corporate space, which we service under our The Decision Co. brand.
- Invoicing Clients & Accounts Receivable follow-up (contact clients that are past due date)
- Processing Accounts Payable invoices and managing vendor relationships
- Expense Management & Controls to include processing expense reports, collecting receipts, posting/reconciling charges in accounting software and holding team members accountable
- Management of the Ops portion of the Company Wiki (internal training and learning hub)
- Administrative support and projects handed down by CEO, President, Chief of Staff & Controller (or other members of the leadership team)
- Cross-train on all responsibilities of Controller so you can fill in when he is on vacation
- Self-motivated & driven individual
- Knowledge of financial statements
- Experience with Accounts Receivable and communication with clients
- Experience with Accounts Payable and managing vendor relationships
- Good computer skills and ability to work with spreadsheets
- Ability to learn and adapt, taking feedback in stride.
- Thorough attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- 5-7 years of experience in an Accounting or Finance role
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or a related field
- Balance of accuracy and efficiency
- Performance-driven and knowledge-hungry with a teachable mindset and willingness to accept and apply feedback
- Competent in XERO, GSuite & Microsoft products, and efficient in email
- Resides in or is willing to relocate to the Nashville, TN area.
- Prior experience using presentation software (Powerpoint, Google Slides) to creatively communicate insights from data and help President & Controller with proposals for the leadership team and/or clients
- Competitive hourly rate
- Participation in the monthly company share bonus multiplier on company revenue
- Company-paid laptop
To be considered for this position, please complete the 5-7 minute Culture Index assessment and upload your resume into that platform. Culture Index Assessment: https://go.apply.ci/p/zIpbRRZ0QbCGUXrvCVX