On this week’s episode of the Pulse Pod, discover our May National Voter Trends Panel with our Director of Client Strategy, Chris Lane, and Director of Sampling & Innovation, Noah Wyhof-Rudnick. Together, they reveal brand new Cygnal data and how the electoral environment is taking shape as midterm season is upon us. How are current political events impacting voters? Listen now!
Be sure to subscribe to The Pulse Pod!
- Perhaps the biggest takeaway from this panel is that this has become a one-issue cycle, which is inflation, being the most important topic for 40% of voters regardless of demographics. Security at the border is the second most important issue for voters, especially for seniors.
- Generic ballot is Republican +3, which is a cycle-long high.
- Biden’s image has slipped to a new cycle-low of -10, while Trump’s image remains steady.
- Although abortion is at the forefront of national conversation, it is not moving voters in a significant manner. Most Americans believe that life begins at conception, including Independents and younger generations.
- US Economic Confidence has hit a new low, including concern from Independents and even Democrats.
- Independents are showing a strong alignment to Republicans, especially in the emotion of anger.